Southern States Lil’ Strike Fish Food 40 lb Bag
For a healthier pond and bigger fish, we recommend using Southern States Lil’ Strike Fish Food for supplemental feeding. Southern States Lil’ Strike is a 36% protein floating fish food which has been formulated specifically for warm water species such as: Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Sunfish and Catfish. Southern States Lil’ Strike is highly palatable, just throw our floating feed out on the pond and watch your fish eat and grow. A properly managed feeding program will allow you to increase fish stocking density as well as increase growth rates.
- Manufacturer: Southern States
- Brand: Southern States
- Dimensions: 4.5×15.5×24
- Weight: 40 LB
- Category: Complete Feed
- Form: Extruded Pellet
- Life Stage: Small/Starter 4-6 in
- Protein: 36.00%
- Size: 40 lb
Features & Benefits
- 1/8″ pellet size that is ideal for starting fish less than 4-6″ length.
- Floating formula allows food to be available for longer period of time so all fish can eat.
- Designed for optimal health and growth of fish and increases fish stocking density as well as growth rate.
- Recommended for warm water species and specially designed to supplement the natural food organisms found in most ponds.
- Crude Protein (min.) 36.00%
- Crude Fat (min.) 6.00%
- Crude Fiber (max.) 5.50%
- Phosphorus (P) (min.) 0.90%
- Lil’ Strike is a floating fish food which allows you to easily monitor feed intake. Never feed more than the fish will eat in 5 to 10 minutes. Keep in mind, uneaten food can cause water quality problems.
- Feed at the same time and place each day. Summer months – feed during morning hours; Spring/Fall months – feed during late afternoon on warm days.
- Reduce feeding rates as winter approaches to about one fourth of the feed rate of the summer months. It is not uncommon if fish stop feeding during the winter months due to cold water temperatures.
- If fish quit eating, stop feeding for a few days and watch for signs of disease.
- Lil’ Strike works well in automatic feeders where ponds are unattended.
Caution: This feed is intended to be fed to fish in pond applications only.